Art paintings and art prints are a great way to dress up your home. Why do most people choose modern art items to decorate their rooms? It is easy to explain: they are bright, unusual and thought-provoking. A valuable piece of wall art can inspire an intellectual discussion among your guests making them appreciate your choice even more. Contemporary art painting are created for intelligent people who can understand what the author tries to express.
Know More About The Modern Art Painting
Such paintings can open people’s mind to a new perspective of the surrounding world. Moreover, thought-provoking modern pictures are appreciated not only for their beauty and deep sense, but also for their value as a good investment since they might offer a higher resale price in later years.
Prior to buying any work of art, though, it’s always advisable to learn as much as possible about art in general and different movements, namely those representing contemporary art traditions. Distinguishing between them is crucial for understanding the means used by modern artists to express their ideas.
First modern styles appeared in 1860s as refusal from past traditions. They are characterized by freshness, ideological content, unusual techniques and even simplified forms of displayed composition. Modern oil pictures are painted with vibrant colors and surreal shapes to portray deep emotions.
Here are some of the most influential styles that mostly reflect the spirit of modern art schools and movements.
- Abstract art is a nonrepresentational style that departs from reality replacing it with associative and symbolic elements. Rather than depicting real objects, artists try to evoke the viewer’s feelings through the use of colors and shapes.
- Surrealist paintings are a free combination of bright and vivid images in a fantastic, unconventional way. Surrealists are dreamers without boundaries who emphasize the meaning of the subconscious and try to paint a “flow of imagination.”
- Pop art reflects subjects and scenes from casual life. It is a certain kind of realism in contemporary art, only defined by modern realia.
- Representatives of conceptual art believe that the conceptual side of art dominates over the technical one. This style is mostly reflected in a combination of different elements: sculpture, installation and painting.
- Futurists depict the triumph of technologies and the evolution of the world in the future. They believe that the mankind will take the lead over nature.
- Impressionism is considered one of the earliest modern styles that appeared in France. Artworks of this style thrill the viewer with a play of color and light in a patchwork of radical brushstrokes.
One of the most famous contemporary impressionists, Leonid Afremov, creates a wide range of thought-provoking oil paintings using an uncommon Impasto technique and vibrant positive colors. Like every Impressionist, he tries to capture the beauty of the moment and perpetuate fleeting emotions in a way that best describes its meaning.
Bright and inspiring paintings by Leonid Afremov will make a fine addition to your room decor and create a warm, cozy atmosphere in your home. Check out his official online gallery and see for yourself!